BACK TO TOP

Thursday 19 May 2016

A Way To Get By by T Torrest - Review


Blurb:

What happens after The Ballad of Brenda and Eddie?

This is not a romantic comedy.
This is not a fairytale.
This is not what you’re expecting.

Lies, secrets, betrayal.
Marriage, divorce, sex.
Love, heartbreak, money.

Best friends.
Old enemies.

Soul mates.


Happily Ever After comes in many forms.
A WAY TO GET BY is the story of how Brenda and Eddie found theirs.

***For ages 18+ ***READ WHEN YOU’RE IN THE MOOD FOR: Angsty, surprising, heart-breaking, infuriating true love.***

WARNING: This book is told in dual POV with a non-linear timeline.

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1RasYnv
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/1R9QQrq

Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1U1336l
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1RaufuS
 NOOK: http://bit.ly/1WDgU6Y
iBooks: http://apple.co/1Tg8AJl


Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: May 2016.

My initial reaction upon finishing A WAY TO GET BY was "OMG...what did I just read...phroawwwww..." and now weeks later, I still have no idea how to explain how I feel about this book, my brain is a mess of conflicted emotions. I went into the AWTGB blind, I had read the blurb when it was first revealed but had only a vague recollection of it by the time I began, brief memories of lies and divorce and love and heartbreak, that in itself was intriguing, in an age where as a reader of predominantly contemporary romance I expect my books to be heavy on the love, I may have become entitled, I may have come to expect a certain chain of events, a predictable formula, and yet within moments of turning the first page I sat spell bound, utterly unprepared for what was unfolding before me. Am I being deliberately vague? Definitely, there's no way for me to write this review, doing this story justice that won't take away some of what makes it so special, so captivating, so riveting.

T Torrest ensured I was a fan way back with Remember When, she absolutely cemented that with the subsequent releases in the trilogy, when Down The Shore and Breaking The Ice were released I dove in reckless abandon, desperate for more of her words, I'll be honest, I absolutely thought I had her writing style pegged, I *knew* the kind of the story she was bound to release, it would no doubt meet the high expectation she had previously set, and it did, but it absolutely exceeded it as well, A Way To Get By is unlike anything I have read recently, the depth of emotion, the raw unquestioning angst, the pain and devastation of marriage breakdown, the grief of no longer having the future you planned, of what comes when I Do isn't forever, and you have to begin anew. For fans of Torrest, this will be an automatic #1click, for those new to the author, I implore you, set your expectations by the door, sit down with Eddie and Brenda and let them remind you that sometimes life isn't what you envisioned, sometimes you just need to find a way to get by.



About T Torrest:



T Torrest is a fiction writer from the U.S. She has written many books, but prays that only a handful of them will ever see the light of day. Her stories are geared toward readers of any age that know how to enjoy a good laugh and a dreamy romance.

Ms. Torrest was a child of the eighties, but has since traded in her Rubik's cube for a laptop and her Catholic school uniform for a comfy pair of yoga pants. She's a pop-culture junkie, a movie aficionado, and an enthusiast of talking about herself in the third person. A lifelong Jersey girl, she currently resides there with her husband and two sons.

She also really digs it when she hears from readers, and is known to use words like "dig" in a non-sarcastic way.

Connect with Tina on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment