BACK TO TOP

Sunday 20 November 2016

Bad Romeo Christmas: A Starcrossed Anthology (Starcrossed #4) by Leisa Rayven


Blurb:

From the internationally best selling author of BAD ROMEO, BROKEN JULIET, and WICKED HEART comes an anthology of sweet and sexy novellas featuring beloved Starcrossed characters such as Ethan and Cassie, Liam and Elissa, and Josh and Angel; as well as the gang from The Grove.Have Yourself A Sexy Little Christmas: An Ethan and Cassie Novella

Ethan and Cassie’s first Christmas with the Holt family should be nothing but jolly. Sure, Cassie’s a mess trying to impress her future in-laws with the perfect casserole, but when an unexpected blast from Ethan’s past shows up beneath the tree, the season gets a whole lot more serious—and sexy.
The Naughty List: A Liam and Elissa Novella

After being apart for months, Liam and Elissa are making up for lost time on a secluded island, where they think they’re free to explore each other’s bodies in peace. But when it turns out their Christmas sanctuary isn’t as deserted as it first seemed, their Christmas dreams turn into a nightmare.
Happy, Horny New Year: A Josh and Angel Novella

When the gang from the Grove gets together at a lavish New Year’s Eve party, it’s like no time has passed. Except Elissa and Josh are dating Hollywood royalty, Jack and Zoe have been hooking up in secret, Connor’s new girlfriend wants to murder Cassie, and Erika’s mystery man has everyone talking. Before midnight, shocking revelations are made, industry tongues are wagging, and the poor mistletoe is ready to pass out from overuse.

No matter how you're spending the holidays,
BAD ROMEO CHRISTMAS is sure to heat up your festive season this winter.
 

Find on Goodreads


Purchase Links:



Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: November 2016.

Have you ever had a book that you can remember exactly where you were when you read it for the first time, in thousands of books I've devoured since rediscovering reading a few years ago I remember but a few in such exacting detail that I remember where I was and the date that I read it for the first time. Bad Romeo was one of the those such titles, New Years Eve 2014 I had work until 6pm, I started Rayven's debut on my lunch break, and found myself sneaking chapters when I returned to the sales floor, when my husband picked me up to head to a NYE party I tried to fake illness to go home instead, he saw through my lies immediately, and told me I should put the kindle down and enjoy the party we were on our way to. Hours passed, I became the designated driver, and the host of the bash told me to read my book... I grinned and pulled my phone out of my pocket, pausing only briefly to kiss my husband as the clock struck twelve.

"How I love you, Cassie? It's like heaven and hell all wrapped up into one. I love you so much that I worry that my chest will crack open most days."  - Ethan Holt.


Bad Romeo, Broken Juliet and Wicked Heart quickly became firm favourites of mine, with countless rereads and dozens of recommendations to friends to READ THESE BOOKS I've become so utterly invested in the Starcrossed series that the characters have become like friends, the kind of friends that seeing them once or twice a year is never enough, Cassie and Ethan, Elissa and Liam, Josh and Angel hell even Jack, Connor, Zoe and most definitely Erika, I was so desperate to be reunited with these characters that I begged off plans of leaving the house once again to lose myself in Rayven's words.

"Don't you get it? ... It won't matter. I'd walk through fire to be with you, and I'd be grateful for the burns." - Elissa Holt.
Everything about the Starcrossed Anthology had me utterly invested, I didn't move, my coffee long went cold, all I wanted was to revel in Rayven's writing, reconnect with my beloved friends, laugh at their snark and sass, swoon when the leading men threw down the sexy gauntlet and cheer when there was cause for celebration, for fan of my much beloved series Bad Romeo Christmas will hit all the right notes, the perfect length to quench my thirst, and yet leave me desperate for more. In the coming weeks as the high of this anthology begins to wane I'll no doubt find myself begging the author once again for more.

"You know that saying 'Love is blind'? Well that's completely ass-backwards. Love lets you see people in perfect, crystal clarity. It doesn't make flaws invisible. It paints that in 3-D high definition and demands you to love them anyway." - Erika Eden.

In Rayven's trademark style, Bad Romeo Christmas is laugh out loud funny, incredibly sexy and filled to the brim with exquisite prose. In each of the stand alone novella's I was reminded why I fell so in love with the author's words in the first place, turning the last page of the anthology, giddy smile on my face, heart full of joy and love, only cemented my absolute adoration of this series. With the perfect blend of heat, heart and humour with just a dash of angst I have no doubt that this release will be a fan favourite once again.



About Leisa Rayven:


Writing has always been a passion for Leisa, and even though she originally intended to be an actress, it wasn’t long into her time at drama school that she began writing plays.

Those plays were bad. Very bad. Well, her friends thought they were good, but that’s because they were always cast in them and any opportunity to be on stage was met with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm.

Since then, she’s honed her craft, and several of her plays have been produced and toured throughout Australia.

These days, playwriting has given way to fiction writing, and Leisa’s debut novel, BAD ROMEO, was published through Macmillan New York in December 2014. The sequel, BROKEN JULIET was released in April 2015, and the final book in Leisa’s Starcrossed series, WICKED HEART, will hit bookstores and kindles on May 3rd, 2016.

The Starcrossed series has gained hordes of passionate fans all over the world, and the books have now been translated into eight foreign languages. Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet have also featured on international best seller lists in Brazil and Germany.

Leisa Rayven lives in Australia with her husband, two little boys, three cats, and a kangaroo named Howard.

(Howard may or may not be her imaginary marsupial friend. Everyone should have one.)

Connect with Leisa on Facebook









No comments:

Post a Comment