BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Twelve Truths and a Lie



Blurb:

Aurora Jones has it all—a job she loves as a child and family therapist, supportive friends, and a decent place to live. What she doesn’t have is much luck when it comes to dating men. And not only are her choices terrible, she also hasn’t been boyfriend free since she was a teenager. So she places herself on a sabbatical of sorts. No dating for twelve months.

Cameron Miller has had a crappy year. His girlfriend fell for his best friend and to ease the pain, he drowns his troubles in more booze and women than he can count. When his buddies finally slap some sense into him and urge him to focus on his new position as a special education teacher in an urban school district, he decides to get his act together.

Away from the prying eyes of their mutual friends, Cameron and Aurora agree to hang out once a week in their newly dubbed Chastity Club. Number of members? Two. It’s a chance to find solace, companionship, and something neither anticipated – a burgeoning attraction. But when Cameron invites Aurora to be his fake date at the reunion his ex-girlfriend and best friend will be attending, their passion ignites. What happens in Chastity Club stays in Chastity Club, right? Until they discover that a year of self-truths might actually lead them to true love.

Goodreads

Purchase Links:



Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: September 2016.

Holy Moly!!! Where do I even start... from the very moment I laid eyes on the cover for Twelve Truths and a Lie I was intrigued, and that title, I was sold by that alone, I experienced that rare connection immediately, I *needed* to read this book, once I read the blurb I was already over halfway to be absolutely smitten, with that much excitement building inside of me any number of things could of gone wrong, I could of failed to feel that connection to the words, the one that we as readers need to live and breathe. Twelve Truths was my first foray into Christina Lee's work, within the first chapter I was enchanted, by chapter two I was hooked, I devoured Lee's words like a Lush imbibes on wine, I was utterly and hopelessly invested in Aurora and Cameron's lives and to be honest sitting here writing this review, my hands anxious, my heart still racing, a smile on my face, I'm envious of those who get to read this book for the first time.

"Nobody's normal, no matter what they tell you."

Aurora and Cameron are each fighting an uncomfortable truth about themselves, Lee's exquisite prose serves to draw reader in, there is a rawness to their journey's, one that resonated deeply with me, in a world where these two spend so much of their professional lives being a voice of reason and support for those less fortunate, those battling larger demons than themselves it's inevitable that there's comfort in finding someone who understands the world they inhabit. Twelve Truths is simultaneously sweet and funny and raw and profound, filled with a tenderness that perfectly showed the vulnerability of the human condition interlaced with the tenacity of the human spirit, Lee encapsulated exactly what we seek, true love. A love built on more than purely animalistic attraction, or chemistry, a love so profound that you only truly understand its depth when you surrender your heart to it, a love that opens you up to life, a love that challenges you, a love that both makes you vulnerable and strong.

"You walk in the room and I can't catch my breath. My heart goes crazy. You're like this warm and commanding light that I can't turn away from. My very own Northern Light. I want to be near you all the time."

I want to divulge all the moments that made my heart skip a beat, I want to regale  you with all the moments that had me giggling, I wanted to share with you all the moments that I felt that blush creep up my cheeks, everything about this story was addictive, like a compulsion I could not bare to put this book down. Twelve Truths and a Lie absolutely stole my heart, I had a sneaking suspicion this book would be right up my proverbial alley, however I could of never had anticipated how ardently I would love it. I implore you to spend some time in the world Lee created, and allow Aurora and Cameron to captivate and enchant you the way they did me.





About Christina Lee:




Once upon a time, Christina Lee lived in New York City and was a wardrobe stylist. She spent her days getting in cabs, shopping for photo shoots, eating amazing food, and drinking coffee at her favorite hangouts.

Now she lives in the Midwest with her husband and son—her two favorite guys. She’s been a clinical social worker and a special education teacher. But it wasn't until she wrote a weekly column for the local newspaper that she realized she could turn the fairytales inside her head into the reality of writing fiction.
She’s addicted to lip balm and salted caramel everything. She believes in true love and kissing, so writing romance novels has become a dream job.

She writes Adult, New Adult, and LGBTQ romance.

Connect with Christina on Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment