BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 28 February 2017

#1 Crush by T. Gephart



Blurb:

#1 Crush

Tia Monroe was smart, sassy and successful. Sure, she could get a little crazy at times—life around Tia was never boring—but that was part of her appeal. And while she didn’t see herself as ‘classically beautiful’, she had no shortage of options in the boyfriend department. She just hadn’t found one who held her interest.

Until she laid eyes on Eric Larsson, and then it was lust at first sight.

He packed the perfect mix of smoldering sexy and unapologetic cool into his blond-haired, blue-eyed, ridiculously hot six-foot-four frame. One smile from him was enough to twist her insides, making her girlie bits tingle in the most delicious way. But it wasn’t just his looks, he was smart and funny—charming in the most a-dork-able way.

The only problem was . . . Tia had never actually met him.

Eric Larsson was one of Hollywood’s hottest movie stars, rising to the top of his game and leaving a trail of disintegrated panties in his wake. Tia’s were no exception—but she wasn’t delusional. Love, marriage and happily-ever-after were not part of her fantasy; she just wanted to meet him. Just one time. One time. Confident that just seeing him in the flesh would get him out of her system.

So, with her resolve steeled, Tia set off on a quest to make it happen while avoiding her mug shot being splayed across the five o’clock news.

The journey no doubt will make for one hell of a story.

Find on Goodreads



Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2m3lwqW
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2krOfof
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2mlzViF
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2jZh7Di
Amazon PB:
http://amzn.to/2kM7jOt

B&N: http://bit.ly/2kDhqEx
Kobo:
http://bit.ly/2kX7whV

iBooks: http://apple.co/1tvo2pk



Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: February 2017.


Before I tell you all about #1 Crush I feel the need to tell you a little known story, in year seven (the first year of high school for the non-Aussie's) I discovered David Duchovny, today's generation would know him as Hank from Californication, but back then DD or my future husband as I affectionately referred to him was Fox Mulder, he was half of the lead cast of The X Files and my God was he swoony... he was determined and single minded, he was searching for the truth and he was sexy AF! I adored him, his posters adorned my walls, his pictures covered my school diary and folder, I played the MATCH game with our names more times than I could count, hell myself and two of my friends probably could of started writing erotica with the crazy stories we came up with featuring our mutual love. Even now through his sexual addiction scandal and everything in between he still floats my boat if you know what I mean... you see we've all been there at one point. Or at least after showing you my crazy, I hope we've all been there, crushed on a singer or actor or someone we'd never have the slightest chance with, I mean sure David might have been my first, but through five live concerts for The Script I still try to convince everyone around me that there's a HUGE chance the lead singer Danny will see me in the crowd and fall madly in love with me, I mean sure it hasn't happened yet, but considering last time I touched his arm so we're getting closer, I have to hope for lucky number six.

"Not any crush either. Eric Larsson was my number one."


Now that I've thoroughly embarrassed myself, I can tell you about what you came here for, in #1 Crush Tia Monroe has a thoroughly indecent and unholy crush...obsession...lets just stick with crush on Hollywood A Lister Eric Larrson. He's well and truly out of her league in the sense that they run in two different worlds, that's not to say that Tia isn't a pretty rockin' lady, she's self sufficient, independent and under no false assumptions that she would meet and run off into the sunset with the object of her affection. Tia has been able to earn a decent living as a columnist for a New York paper and she's content, she's happy with where she is and has no real reason to complain.


"Think about it. I meet him, I see what an asshole he is and I move on with my life. Simple. Because we both know he’s going to be a disappointment.” Boom. Cured. It was brilliant."



Tia hatches a plan to meet her #1 Crush, with the goal to find out that he's a Hollywood jerk and finally get over her obsession over a night of heavy drinking with her bestie, I mean despite all the craziness involved what could possibly go wrong?? In true Gephart style what ensues is a wacky, wild ride as one woman gets everything she ever dreamt of. The author referred to #1 Crush as ridiculous and crazy, and I'll be honest, it is, it's so ridiculous that I found myself laughing my arse off, it's so crazy that it could almost actually happen, and it was so damn sexy that I found myself fanning my face as reality and one girls wild imagination collided in the best possible way. Instead of rolling my eyes or shaking my head, I was giddy for more, because while David and I were never meant to be, maybe there's a chance that the Tia's of this world might just have a chance with the Eric's and after all isn't that why we read romance in the first place?

"He’d stopped being my crush a while ago, and now he was my forever."



T. Gephart showed a new breadth to her talent with this release, while her previous books have had a comedic vibe, #1 Crush cemented her ability to write pure comedy, with a delicious sexy twist. Funny, engaging and impossible to put down this book left me giddy and overjoyed in a way very few have.



About T. Gephart:





T Gephart is an indie author from Melbourne, Australia.

T's approach to life has been somewhat unconventional. Rather than going to University, she jumped on a plane to Los Angeles, USA in search of adventure. While this first trip left her somewhat underwhelmed and largely depleted of funds it fueled her appetite for travel and life experience.

With a rather eclectic resume, which reads more like the fiction she writes than an actual employment history, T struggled to find her niche in the world.

While on a subsequent trip the United States in 1999, T met and married her husband. Their whirlwind courtship and interesting impromptu convenience store wedding set the tone for their life together, which is anything but ordinary. They have lived in Louisiana, Guam and Australia and have travelled extensively throughout the US. T has two beautiful young children and one four legged child, Woodley the wonder dog.

An avid reader, T became increasingly frustrated by the lack of strong female characters in the books she was reading. She wanted to read about a woman she could identify with, someone strong, independent and confident who didn't lack femininity. Out of this need, she decided to pen her first book, A Twist of Fate. She enjoyed the process so much that when it was over she couldn't let it go.

T loves to travel, laugh and surround herself with colourful characters. This inevitably spills into her writing and makes for an interesting journey - she is well and truly enjoying the ride!

Based on her life experiences, T has plenty of material for her books and has a wealth of ideas to keep you all enthralled.

Connect with T on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment