BACK TO TOP

Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Baller (A Down and Dirty Football Novel) by Vi Keeland - Review


Blurb:




From New York Times and USA Today Bestseller, Vi Keeland, comes a sexy new novel.

The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room.
It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster.
The famed quarterback decided to bare all.
And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.
No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel, just as I asked the first question. On camera.
The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby—screwing with me.
When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me, to wanting to screw me.
But I don’t date players.
And it’s not because I’m one of the few women working in the world of professional football.
I’d date an athlete.
It’s the other kind of player I don’t date.
You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.

Brody Easton was the ultimate player.
Every woman wanted to be the one to change him.
But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for.
Turned out, I was that girl.
Simple right?
Let’s face it. It never is.
There’s a story between once upon a time and happily ever after…
And this one is ours.  

Find on Goodreads



Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1oIGfNU
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1KXcD9Z
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/215G5wd
Amazon AU: bit.ly/24wx7wy
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/1oIGkB2
iBooks: http://bit.ly/iBooksBaller
B&N: http:// bit.ly/BarnesBaller
Kobo: http:// bit.ly/KoboBaller
Google Play: http:// bit.ly/GoogleBaller





Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: February 2016.

I was recently speaking with a friend about my need for something fun and sexy recently, she suggested The Baller almost immediately, I'll be honest, at the time I though hmmmm no that's not what I want, from the title and cover I expected the stereotypical jock story, and while I didn't want anything too heavy, I wanted a developed storyline, I wasn't sure I would get this here and I initially added The Baller to my kindle and my TBR for another time. Upon closer inspection I picked it up, read the first page...and I was hooked, instantly, acutely, for such a big advocate for not judging a book by it's cover...well I was a culprit... and I have to say I wasn't just pleasantly surprised here, The Baller was sexy, and funny, and so heartbreakingly raw at times that it stole my breath.

"You have my head spinning. I have no idea what I'm doing."

Delilah Maddox had landed her ultimate job, beating out thirty journalists to become the staff football sportscaster for World Media Broadcasting her professional dreams are coming true, she busted her butt working long hours, building her portfolio, knowing the ins and outs of the game, knowing every possible statistic she could know, she's seen her fair share of football stars, badboys, playboys, niceguys, she's seen them all, she's determined to not be led astray by goodlooks or charm, and Brody Easton has both in spades.

"You don't have to. I feel it. It's in the air when we're near each other. You're as attracted to me as I am to you."

From their first meeting Brody is nothing but bravado and cockiness all wrapped up in a sexy as sin package, Brody's big talking ways may be enough to momentarily distract Delilah but she's not a fool, she refuses to entertain her attraction to him, but their connection is immediate, it's stronger than anything either have ever felt before, but tangled up in their budding connection, their indisputable chemistry are two people with pasts that have taken a toll on them, pasts that have left indelible marks on who they are now, shaped who they have become. The more they fight their cosmic pull, the more they fail at denying the connection they have, when Delilah tells Brody what she needs, more than just sex, more than a purely physical interaction, all seems lost until Brody can't pass up his chance to get to know Delilah.

"Because sex has to be more than just...sex...I need an emotional connection with the person to have sex with them."

Brody and Delilah's connection is undeniable, their raw chemistry exhilarating, but more than that, The Baller is a story about two people who are more than just a sum of their parts. Delilah is strong, confident, sassy, she's a consummate professional who is determined to be known for more than just who her father was, Brody was the golden boy when he hit the big leagues but a tumultuous history left him weary, but he can't fight what he's feeling for Delilah anymore than she can, and what follows is a sexy, heart-warming and simultaneously heartbreaking tale of two people raging against the hurts of their past while navigating their present and hopefully their future. I'm ashamed to admit that I was expecting a light fluffy sexy piece, and instead I got a book that had moments of sheer beauty, a story that was both sizzling with heat, and so heartbreakingly real and honest that I found myself sitting there, kindle in hand, holding my breath. Everything about The Baller demanded my attention, insisted that I let go of my preconceived notions of what this story would be, allow myself to get lost in Keeland's words, and just enjoy the ride. Hands down a book I will revisit, Brody and Delilah captured a piece of my heart and I don't even want it back.


 
 
About Vi Keeland:
 

Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting New York Times & USA Today Best Selling smut author by night! 

Visit Vi Keeland's Website

Connect with Vi on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment