BACK TO TOP

Thursday 28 July 2016

Kicked by Celia Aaron


Blurb:

Trent Carrington.
Trent Mr. Perfect-Has-Everyone-Fooled Carrington.
He’s the star quarterback, university scholar, and happens to be the sexiest man I’ve ever seen. He shines at any angle, and especially under the Saturday night stadium lights where I watch him from the sidelines. But I know the real him, the one who broke my heart and pretended I didn’t exist for the past two years.
I’m the third-string kicker, the only woman on the team and nothing better than a mascot. Until I’m not. Until I get my chance to earn a full scholarship and join the team as first-string. The only way I'll make the cut is to accept help from the one man I swore never to trust again. The problem is, with each stolen glance and lingering touch, I begin to realize that trusting Trent isn’t the problem. It’s that I can’t trust myself when I’m around him.

This is a full-length, sweet, hot, safe, standalone American football romance novel.

Find on Goodreads




Purchase Links:



Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: July 2016.

Kicked was my first book by Celia Aaron, from the outset it sounded like something I could sink my teeth into, sports romance....CHECK, college students....CHECK, sexy...., CHECK, sweet....CHECK, and air of second chance romance...CHECK CHECK CHECK! From the very first page I was smitten, Cordy seemed like the kind of girl you'd want to be friends with, funny, smart, and holds a position on the mens football team, no, before you ask...Cordy is not a cheerleader, due to some previous inclusion issues, Cordy holds a place on the team as second string kicker, sure she may be the one token female on the team, but she's a talented athlete, while her passion may reside in soccer, her place on the football team ensures a partial scholarship.

I was immediately drawn into the story, while moments seemed predictable - manwhore best friend loving her from afar anyone, there was a level of intrigue surrounding Cordy and team superstar Trent that had me entranced. They had a past two years ago but it crumbled before it even had a chance to flourish. I needed to know more, I found myself devouring those first few chapters, desperate to know why their romance didn't work out, but I found that knowing why didn't leave me with that OH MY moment I was hoping for, and instead I was left feeling a little underwhelmed.

From that moment the story felt both rushed and intensely slow for me, the moments I wanted to see more developed fell flat and other moments I felt dragged onto long, extended sex scenes that while hot, didn't necessarily add to the story for me. I wanted to love Kicked, initially I truly believe I would, but overall the story was just to inconsistent for me, individually I enjoyed the characters, and times I felt a stronger sense of connection to Aaron's words, but unfortunately for me I just wasn't able to engage with the story as a whole and found myself more easily distracted than I would like when fully invested in a book.






About Celia Aaron:

Celia Aaron is the self-publishing pseudonym of a published romance and erotica author. She loves to write stories with hot heroes and heroines that are twisty and often dark.

Connect with Celia on Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment