BACK TO TOP

Sunday 19 February 2017

CON MAN by T. Torrest



Start at T. Torrest's Facebook page:


Blurb:

Lucas Taggart is the best con man in the business, so to speak. 
A former-geek-turned-hottie, Luke is now an image consultant and life coach to the rich and privileged in New York City. His eight-week program is designed to transform ugly ducklings into swans by instilling some much-needed confidence, and hey, a makeover never hurts. 
But when Ainsley Carrington signs up as a client, Luke's world is thrown into a tailspin. Ainsley doesn't need an image consultant; her image is already perfect just the way it is. Luke immediately finds himself grappling with his attraction to the introverted beauty as all his old insecurities come bubbling back to the surface. 
The thing is, Luke doesn't date his clients. Ever. But fighting his desire for Ainsley is proving more difficult than he ever imagined. Especially since the cocky and arrogant "confidence man" has just completely lost his cool.
***CON MAN is a romantic comedy novel intended for ages 18+ due to some offensive language and graphic sex/sexual situations.***
READ WHEN YOU'RE IN THE MOOD FOR: cocky, funny, sexy, insightful, relatable.

Pre-order will be available March 20 for .99, price goes up to 2.99 on Release Day March 24.

EXCERPT: 

There was an awkward pause between us as the situation sank in, until finally, she let out with a resigned sigh. “Well,” she said agreeably as she rose from her chair. “It looks like my little sex-school adventure is going to turn into a shopping marathon instead.” She gave me a smile and held out her hand. “It was a pleasure to meet you, Luke.”
  I came around to her side of the table to give her a hug. “You too, Charise.”
  When we pulled away from each other, there was a devilish twinkle in her eye as she purred, “You know, Luke… Just because I’m not hiring you for sex, that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun off the clock. Armed with nothing but false information and your photograph, I flew all the way out here from Houston, and I have to say, you’re even more delicious than your picture. I’d hate to think the sexy vacation I was planning is actually going to be a complete letdown. I could use some company over the next couple of months while I’m here.”
  I couldn’t contain my smirk as I answered, “That is one tempting offer, Charise. Truly. But I’m going to have to respectfully decline your generous proposition. Something tells me you’re going to have one hell of a vacation without me. Here,” I added, pulling out my wallet and digging around for my associate’s business card. “Maybe after you’ve torn up New York for a few days, you’ll decide to reroute to Sedona. Give Drake a call. He really knows his stuff.”
  She took the card from my hand, flicking it around her fingers as she said, “I will. I promise.”
  One of my brows raised as I added, “Although you strike me as someone who’s already well-schooled in this area.”
  Charise grinned as she gave me a last peck on the cheek before jaunting across the patio and into the park.
  My morning appointment was a bust, and my afternoon appointment wasn’t scheduled to be here for another two hours. Since now I had some time to kill, I decided to take a walk to clear my head. I asked Fernando to hold my table, then slipped out of the gated patio and into the courtyard.

© T. Torrest. 

 

 

 

REMEMBER WHEN has gotten a make over, with a new look designed by Hang Le, and to celebrate we're giving away a complete autographed set of ALL SEVEN books by T. Torrest. 



About T. Torrest:

T. Torrest is a fiction writer from the U.S. She has written many books, but prays that only a handfuliy of them will ever see the light of day. Her stories are geared toward readers of any age that know how to enjoy a good laugh and a dreamy romance.

Ms. Torrest was a child of the 80s, but has since traded in her Rubik's cube for a laptop and her Catholic school uniform for a comfy pair of yoga pants. She's a pop-culture junkie, a movie aficionado, and an enthusiast of talking about herself in the third person. A lifelong Jersey girl, she currently resides there with her husband and two sons.

She also really digs it when she hears from readers, and is known to use words like "dig" in a non-sarcastic way. You can find out more about her books at her website: www.ttorrest.com

WEBSITE: www.ttorrest.com 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment