BACK TO TOP

Saturday 30 June 2018

Let's Get Textual & I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter


Blurb:

A wrong number is supposed to be just that—a wrong number.

Delete. Done.

Do not continue to text. Do not flirt.

A wrong number shouldn’t be the first person on your mind in the morning, or the last at night…and you’re definitely not supposed to talk them into buying a baby goat.

Because that would be weird.

When Zach Hastings and I get into a wrong-number mix-up, we don’t follow the rules. We keep texting and flirting, because he’s wicked funny and perfectly nerdy and a wonderful distraction.

I’m not looking for love, and Zach definitely had the wrong number.

But maybe…

Maybe he’s the right guy.

Find on Goodreads

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Kxnk4i
Amazon PB: https://amzn.to/2tNnhdu
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2Knk4g1
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2lHwjVF
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2Kvpwta

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: June 2018.

HOLY MOLY!! Seriously, where did this book come from, I'll be honest here and say Teagan Hunter is a new to me author, I was scrolling through a book recommendation thread in a book group on Facebook looking for authors and titles similar to the likes of Mariana Zapata, Sally Thorne, Christina Lauren, Alice Clayton, Helen Hoang, books that had that illusive spark we all seek. Something funny, a little zany, with witty banter, sizzling chemistry, with a depth that draws the reader in almost immediately...you know the unicorn of ROM COM world. I stumbled upon a post absolutely RAVING about Teagan Hunter, as soon as I read the duet titles I ran (figuratively of course, we all know I don't run... anywhere...ever) and #1clicked those badboys like it was a fire sale on lipstick.

I mean seriously....LET'S GET TEXTUAL... I love me so wordy jokes, they're so punny.... (I'll be here all week, try the chicken) any who I'm getting distracted, the point it, the titles alone drew me in, before I had seen the cover or read a blurb, and you want to know the best part? The first chapter absolutely sold me, witty dialogue, a meet cute I could go gaga over, this book played like a movie through mind, I was and in truth, still am absolutely smitten by Hunter's words. 

Delia, is newly single - despite it being a very amicable break up, she's still feeling the loss of something that was comforting if nothing else. Caleb wasn't her meant to be, there were no fireworks, no desperation to be near each other, no deep and meaningful conversations, it was a surface level relationship that was easy and fun, until it wasn't anymore. Not looking to jump back into the dating game, her focus is classes, hanging out with her bestie and roommate Zoe, and that's about it. When she receives a text from an unknown number she doesn't think much of it, chalking it up to her brother losing his phone yet again. As the texts continue she realises there's been a mix up of epic proportions. 

Enter Zack, when his roommate flubs the number of a business contact, he ends up sending a text to Delia. instead of an oops sorry wrong number, what follows is a steady stream of messages that both Delia and Zack enjoy far more than they could have anticipated. 


“You’re a cool dude.”

“A cool dude, huh? That’s what you call your best friend, or a guy you’ve stuck in the friend zone, not someone you keep kissing. Are you trying to friend-zone me, Delia?”


Let's Get Textual was fun, and light, and I found myself giggling while stopped at lights in traffic while my audio played, those two plus hours spent commuting to and from work suddenly felt too quick. I didn't want to leave my car, often finding myself squirrelling away extra moments to read one more chapter before heading into work, or home from my driveway. 

“Will you go on a second date with me?”

“We’re still in the middle of our first date, Zach. You can’t just ask me that out of the blue.”

“I already did, and I refuse to take it back.”

“What if I don’t like you by the end of this date?” I volley back.

“You honestly think that’s possible?” His dimples poke through his smile, and I know right then I’m going to say yes. “Say yes, Delia. Be wild. Do something crazy and fun.”

Zack is deliciously nerdy, and Delia, well she's got this take no sh*t vibe without the resting bitch face which I adored. It was their quirkiness that I loved, the back and forth, the push and pull that I found so enthralling, it was cute, and fun, and sweet, and sexy and so damn funny that it was absolutely impossible to put down, and that baby goat...don't even get me started on him...do yourself a favour a #1click Let's Get Textual now.


Blurb:

ROOMMATE WANTED
Chicks or dudes welcome!

Looking for a new roomie? I have a place for you! Like your music loud? I own headphones. Enjoy having late-night guests over? Again, headphones. Want someone to help pay the bills? Do the dishes? Take out the trash? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours (metaphorically, of course).

Check us out, getting along already.

Must be able to pay first and last month's rent up front.
Must be okay with Breakfast & Beats.
No dogs.
No trying to sleep with me.
Two bedrooms. One bathroom.
$350/month plus electricity.

If interested, email ineedarobin@gmail.com.
P.S. Wiener pics sent directly to my grandmother. Don't do that crap to her.

This book does feature characters from Let's Get Textual but can be read as a standalone as the book does not follow the same timeline.

Find on Goodreads

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2IE5MBA
Amazon PB: https://amzn.to/2IF59Yz
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2KkVc8r
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2KmYfwI
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2yVCWNL

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: June 2018.

After the glorious high that was Let's Get Textual I had HIGH expectations, I mean come on... a baby goat... (trust me you'll understand when you read it) knowing I was diving into Zoe's story... well that had me positively giddy! Zoe as a supporting character in LGT was hilarious, but as the heroine she had a depth I didn't expect. When her bestie and roommate Delia moves out she needs to find a new roomie. In typical Zoe fashion her help ad is quirky and hilarious. 

Her search yields only one true candidate and it's the last person she could of expected, or wanted to be in such close proximity to. For the sake of keeping this review spoiler free I'm going to call the hero Mr C. These two are no strangers to one another, although they were never what you would call friends, they've spent sometime together while in college. Those surface level friendships we all have in life, deeper than an acquaintance but not someone you'd necessarily call to spend time with. Only lately Zoe has found her attention drifting to Mr C more than she expected.

“Where you’re from? That’s not you. Your dreams, your goals, those aspirations you hold so dear to your heart? Those are you. The rest of it only defines you as much as you let it.”

To the outside world Mr C seems to have his life together, talented, genuinely nice, everything he does he gives 100% too, but beneath the bright smile is a past that haunts him. Mr C is in need of a new place to stay, a place that is clean and quiet, with a roommate that won't ask too many questions or force him to open up and share anything real about himself.


"You know that's when I really started noticing you too. I mean, you were always this kind of force to be reckoned with, but it wasn't until Delia went though all that sh*t and you were there for her that I realized how great you really were."

When Zoe and Mr C collide, it's earth shattering for both of them, neither have ever sought anything more than surface level attachment, Zoe too scared to put her heart on the line, and Mr C to scared to open his life to prying and judgemental eyes. 

I Wanna Text You Up was fun, and flirty, with the witty banter I expected, and the kind of chemistry that burns up the page, but it also had a depth that sung to my heart, willing me to feel these characters intrinsically. Where Let's Get Textual was all about taking a leap, a chance on someone new, I Wanna Text You Up, was all about being willing to open yourself up to someone else, and having enough faith that what others saw there was enough to make them want to stay, it's the subtle messages that stay with me long after I turn the last page. This duet was wickedly fun, super sweet, quirky dialogue that made it utterly impossible not to be invested in the characters story. An absolute must read.




About Teagan Hunter:


I’m a Missouri-raised gal, but currently live in North Carolina with my US Marine husband and 8-year-old Miniature Pinscher. I spend my days begging him for a cat, and I survive off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When I’m not writing, you can find me binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. I like cold weather, buy more paperbacks than I’ll ever read, and I never say no to brownies.

Connect with Teagan on Facebook








No comments:

Post a Comment