BACK TO TOP

Saturday 26 September 2015

The Allure of Dean Harper (Allure #2) by RS Grey - ARC Review

 
Released: 28th September 2015. 

Blurb:


From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You’re a flippin’ idiot


Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you’re enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why?

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word “no” when it's followed by “don’t stop.”

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil…and before you say anything, I don’t care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn’t for sale.

Love,
Regretfully yours,
Lily


The Allure of Dean Harper is a full-length standalone romance with overlapping characters from The Allure of Julian Lefray. Both books can be read separately. Chronologically, The Allure of Julian Lefray happens first.
**This book is rated 18+ for explicit sexual situations and language. Reader discretion is advised.**



 
 

Purchase Links:


Amazon paperback: http://amzn.to/1NYlOH1
Amazon AUS: http://bit.ly/1YFdH5K
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Oyae5x
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1KGDxg4

 
 

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: September 2015.
 
 Where do I even start with The Allure of Dean Harper... I was hoping for this sweet, funny, light hearted romp but what I got was so much for, because it was sweet and funny and light hearted in parts, but it was also sexy and sassy and was bursting at the seams with everything I love in a romantic comedy.
 
Lily is a spitfire, she's fierce and feisty and so full of dreams for the future she's prepared to do just about anything to get there, moving from small town life to the big apple to live with her best friend Josephine was supposed to be the best time of her life, jam packed with adventure and new experiences but Josephine is loved up with Julian and work and Lily is left to her own devices to scout out New York and her dream career, bursting with exotic flavours and good food.
 
Dean Harper has spent the last few year creating an empire in the restaurant world, taking over New York one business at a time, Dean isn't just independently wealthy, he's kicking butt and taking names, his restaurant/bars are constantly busy, offering an innovative place to be and be seen, catering to a wide clientele Provisions is the place to go. With the wealth and reputation he's amassed, Dean has built a tough outer shell, and from the very first moment he lays eyes on Lily there's an magnetism he cant fight, he comes out swinging with his snarky comments, levelling attitude directly at her, a lesser woman would shrink under his gaze and acidic tongue but Lily isn't a lesser woman, she doesn't know the meaning of standing down, and she's not one to be put in her place by any man.
 
 
"Lily had her first night at Provisions last night and she turned my bar into a Coyote Ugly knockoff."
My eyes bulged out of my face. Literally. They had to have fallen out of my skull in response to the amount of bullshit he'd just spewed. I glanced at the ground, confirmed my eyeballs were not in fact lying there, and then stepped close to Dean with my finger pointed right at his chest.

The raw connection between Dean and Lily jumps off the page, everything about them makes it difficult to look away, Grey writes snappy banter with the best in the business, but with these two, she takes it to another level, their incessant duelling for the upper hand should of seemed adolescent at times, but I never felt that. I spent every exchange between Dean and Lily giggling or snorting with laughter.
 
I had a smile on my face from the very first page until the very last line, reading the dual POV gave me insight into their minds, and the more I read the more I devoured Greys words, with enough heat and sexiness that left me fanning my face, while I alternated between that and grinning like a goon, I picked up The Allure of Dean Harper when I finished work, and two hours later I turned the last page, I didn't move, I couldn't put it down, this was the perfect afternoon read, it was exactly the romantic comedy I was after.
 
 
 
 

About RS Grey:

 
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, metaphors and similes, black labs, and cold weather.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment