BACK TO TOP

Sunday 1 May 2016

Leap by M.R. Joseph - Review


Blurb:

What if you had no idea your “future” lived beside you your whole life? What if that person was also your best friend? What would you do when you finally realized it?

MacIntyre “Mack” Cooper and Corrine “Rinny” Blanchard have known each other since birth. Living next door to one another on the South Shore of Long Island, and their parents being best friends, meant growing up together was unavoidable. Their bond made them inseparable.

What Corrine didn’t expect was the attraction she began to feel towards her best friend as the two grew older.

As Corrine’s feelings evolve over time and tragedies transpire, she must put her feelings for Mack aside and continue to be just his best friend- unconditionally- when he needs her the most.

However, what happens when the person you love most in the world is taken away without warning just when you need them the most? Would you give up hope or would your love keep hope- and him alive?

No one knew Rinny like Mack did. No one ever would. Mack’s advice to her was when life takes a turn, and your faith is tested and your dreams seem out of reach, sometimes you just have to take the leap.

Find on Goodreads



Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1VWCmnd
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1VZXrMW
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1Y0pFoD
iBooks: https://itun.es/us/I89bcb.l
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1SyhOP0
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01ETKD3YQ

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: April 2016.

I've been a fan of M.R. Joseph's work for quite a while now, her Sandy Cove series a favourite of mine, for Leap I went in blind, I had read the blurb quickly months ago when the cover had been revealed but that was as much as I knew,  I just wanted to experience the story without any preconceived notions of what it would be about, I wanted to get lost and drown in Joseph's words, despite knowing very little I expected a love story, instead what I experienced was a life story.

Rinny and Mack became best friends in utero, when their parents moved in next door to each other. Over the years that followed they were each others best friend, confidante, from childhood, to adolescence, to high school and college, they were always right there in front of each other sharing every funny, scary, embarrassing, honest truth with each other, there was nothing they couldn't say to one another, no instance in their young lives where they wouldn't support each other, for years they were each others person until one day they weren't anymore, and therein lies the beauty of this story, the transcendence of childhood memories to adulthood, and everything in between, this story is one that had me utterly mesmerised, entirely enraptured with discovering every nuance of these characters, riding the highs and the lows, living the journey the author sought to create.

"I took a leap."
"What does leaping have to do with it?" 
"It means taking a chance. When you aren't sure of something and you actually do it. You have to find out for yourself what it's like. You take the leap. That's what I did. I leaped." 

I want to tell you how I felt when ....... happened, I want to tell you how positively giddy I was when ..... said ......., I want to tell you how my heart ached, how my soul cried when .........., but I can't because I can't take discovering those moments away from you, because as much as I want to sit here and tell you every glorious moment, every second of heartache, every inch of pure, unbridled joy I can't, because I want you to experience Leap the same way I did, a little blind and eager just to lose yourself in the words. For fans of the authors work, they will find a new depth here, a story far less traditional contemporary romance, while Leap does deal with first loves, real loves, true loves, part coming of age, part women's fiction, Joseph didn't rely on sex to drive this story forward, instead focusing on the incredible life Rinny leads to utterly captivate and enchant this reader. Days later and Leap is still on my mind, I feel listless and adrift, and I find myself picking it back up to spend just a few more minutes with these characters that held my heart, characters who reminded me about having faith, about hope, about taking a leap.




About M.R. Joseph:

 






I'm a book nerd turned writer who loves the 'Happily Ever After' mixed with a bit of suspense, drama, and the occasional cliffhanger! My love of books has brought me on my writing journey. I began writing my first book in July 2012 and since that time I have created 2 series. The first series 'The Reunion Series' debuted in November 2012 and two books followed. My new series 'The Shore Series" debuted in March 2014 and claimed Amazon Best Selling status shortly after the release of the first book.
 
 
Connect with M.R. Joseph on Facebook
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment