BACK TO TOP

Friday 30 December 2016

Hate Story by Nicole Williams


Blurb:

Nina can’t let herself fall in love with the man she’s going to marry. Both of them have experienced the sting and sham of love and have no intentions of falling victim to it twice. Love is expensive—hate is free.

Three years. A million dollars. A solution to both of their problems. They planned it all, from the story of their first meeting to the date of their divorce. Nothing could go wrong.

But what they didn’t consider was chemistry, and Nina and Max have no shortage of it. After too many near-kisses, Nina convinces herself that hating Max is better than loving him, and the more she gets to know this soon-to-be-husband of hers, the more she discovers just how very much she truly, madly, and deeply . . . hates him.

This isn’t a love story. This is the other kind.
Find on Goodreads

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2iFE1w8
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2hxhvtf
Amazon CA : http://amzn.to/2irK9vZ
Amazon AU : http://amzn.to/2irQmrD
Nook : http://bit.ly/2hkRN9u
iBooks : http://apple.co/2h0qYbz




Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: December 2016.

My forays into Nicole Willliams writing began way back with her hit Crash, as the title suggests Lucy and Ryder crashed into my life and I was immediately swept away with their story, so much so that I still remember so much of their trials and joys all these years later. When news of Hate Story was released I was instantly intrigued, a proposal, two strangers, and Williams' writing ability and how could I not be?

"I knew I wasn't the traditional Venus men wanted to take a piss on to mark their territory. I wasn't a head-turner, the body a guy pictured as he jacked off. I wasn't the first girl asked to dance... or the second or third."

Nina needs money fast, with mounting debt and her limited options to earn cold hard cash she accepts an indecent proposal from Max Sturm, unlike Demi Moore in the feature film by the same name there is no sex in her contract. Get married, present a picture perfect image of marital bliss and stay married for three years... in the grand scheme of things the $1million pay off is more than worth the inconvenience. For Nina it was as close to perfect as she could get until she met the man who would become her husband.

“I kind of hate you, you know that?”
His eyes challenged that. “I’m asking you to marry me, not like me. Hate me all you want.”

Max Sturm is a formidable business man, born in Germany but raised in the States, Max is desperate to stay in his adopted country. A marriage of convenience with a financial reward seems like the only plausible option. The rules are simple, the terms concrete, he's three short years away from being granted everything he desires.

"Hate was love not ready to be realized. Hate came from fear and doubt and burned at the same degree as passion.
Our hate story had become a love story."
The banter, the sexual tension, the chemistry between the these two left me desperately turning pages, from their initial meeting to them moving in together and beyond that Hate Story was the kind of book you don't want to put down, light, funny and easy to read. Max's conviction to have Nina hate him was absolute, desperate to keep their relationship strictly professional, the more they recognised something in other that ensured this marriage of convenience would blossom into something bigger, something bolder, the more Max fought to be the kind of man who was easy to hate. While this trope certainly isn't new, Williams managed to make it feel fun and fresh. Being on holidays and soaking up the Australian summer sun by the beach, Hate Story was the kind of book I needed, it was effortless in the best kind of way, I found myself giggling on the sand, smiling on a deckchair, and swooning on the balcony with a wine in my hand. Williams reminded me why I loved her writing all those years ago, humour, heat, and most importantly a genuine balance of heart, Hate Story left me sated and yet wanting more, just as a good book should.




About Nicole Williams:




I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers.   


Connect with Nicole on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment