BACK TO TOP

Monday 6 April 2015

Tate by Barbara S. Stewart - Review

 

 

Blurb:


This love story is a suggestive romance. The love scenes will not be graphic.

Tate Morrow, a new on the scene, single, sandy-haired, blue-eyed, country singer is making his way up the country charts. His first single thrusts him into reluctant stardom, and the question becomes, 'who will win this cowboy's heart?'

He meets Maisie Bolden, seamstress to some of Nashville's elite - a dark haired beauty, experiencing her own reluctance - and he knows the answer to the question. Emotional struggles keep Maisie from giving in, but Tate's charm and persistence finally steal her heart.

Personal trials keep them in an unwanted spotlight, until finally, a story comes to light that places them firmly on a path to a future Tate Morrow never dreamed of.

Take this ride with them and follow Tate's heart on his journey of a lifetime


Excerpt:

"Maisie,” she said in a voice filled with delight, “it’s beautiful!”
“I see more detail, but I need time to sketch it out.”
“So, does this mean you forgive me?” she asked, guardedly.
“I can forgive,” I said, and hesitated. “I need more time to forget. Honestly, there’s been so much hurt through all of this that forgetting isn’t as easy. I’ll work with you.”
“Maisie, I’m sorry,” she said again.
“Let it go. Please. Let’s move on.” She’d been there over an hour and honestly; I was ready for her to leave. My mind was so full of everything that she shared – I needed her to go.
“I need you to know that Tate is a good man, Ami. I’m blessed. I didn’t know if I could ever move past Blake, but Tate pulled me out of my self-imposed asylum. He’s showed me a life I never knew possible. I never knew that I could feel like he makes me feel. I was ready to feel again. Tate made me feel again. I hope you find your own Prince Charming.”
“I’m not looking. I need to think about some things. I need to regroup and think about how a woman waits for love to find her.”
“You will, Ami.” Quiet a moment, I added, “Can we keep this conversation between us for now?”



Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: April 2015.



I picked up the first book in Barbara's Rock and Roll Trilogy almost two years ago and I was spellbound, what I adored so much about Rock and Roll Never Forgets and the subsequent books in the series When I Look to the Sky and Feel Like Makin' Love was the sheer beauty of Barbara's story, the way her words would envelop you like a warm caress, nothing she wrote was rushed, you were drawn in so slowly and subtly that the more you read the more these characters came to mean to you, reading for me is all about the journey not just the destination, and reading anything by Barbara is like curling up with a warm blanket on a cold day, it's comforting and real, her stories carry with them a sense of nostalgia, a sense of you living this life with the characters she creates, it's heart warming and tender and so real that you can almost feel her words seep through the print and page, through your fingers, and into your heart.

For fans of the Rock and Roll Trilogy we once again meet Andy Stevens, while his role in Tate is far smaller than previous novels, his wise words of encouragement and his presence is always felt. Tate has been living the simple life, working and playing guitar in his local bar for the last ten years, he's content, happy doing what he loves, singing and playing for people who enjoy his talent. When he is 'discovered' Tate knows with certainly that his life of quiet mediocrity is fast coming to an end. While he is excited for what his future will bring, touring, playing to huge crowds, writing and recording his own music, working with legends of the music industry like Andy Stevens, he isn't ready nor does he particularly want fame and fortune.





Maisie is closed off and reserved, a past that would be enough to cripple even the strongest of people has left her as a bystander in her own life. Maisie is a well known seamstress to the country music and Nashville elite, she has built a name for herself as a smart and savvy business woman, with an eye for design. When Tate and Maisie meet there are no wild fireworks, no crazy crashes of lightning or thunder, such is one of the things I love most about Stewarts writing, there's chemistry, and immediate attraction, but what that sparks is a deeper need to get to know one another, there's intrigue and curiosity, it's a slow burn that allows the reader time to build a connection with the characters, to be invested, to know their inner most thoughts, what makes them tick, to know their pasts, their joys, their sorrows, their fears and self doubts.

The road to love is often paved with trials and tribulations, with growth and strength, with joy and tenderness, there's a beauty in slowly learning about one another, in growing together, in letting someone in, and taking a chance together, and Stewart never fails to leave me feeling both moved and over joyed. I want to tell you every little nuance of Barbara's writing style, I want to tell you all about Tate and Maisie's journey, I want to tell you how exciting it is as a reader to have almost a voyeuristic view into two peoples lives, watching them experiencing first looks, first touches, first kisses, first thoughts of knowing in your heart that you've met the one, met someone who sets your heart and soul free, met the one who allows you to soar. Tate isn't the kind of book you read, it's one you experience, and the pages turn, and you're dragged into the world of country music singing sensations, you realise this is Maisie and Tate's story and you're just along for the ride.
Tender, heart warming and funny, Tate, like Rock and Roll Never Forgets is the type of story that will stay with you long after you turn the last page.


 
 
 

Purchase Links: 

 
 

About Barbara S. Stewart:

 



Barbara Stewart (7/13/1959) was born in Havre de Grace, MD, and grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania, and the central east coast of Florida. She resides in Middleburg, FL with her husband Gene.

Barbara has worked in the electronics industry, and most recently in healthcare. She's a volunteer for the American Cancer Society, and won the Hope Award for volunteerism in 2009.

She writes love stories that usually evolve from music - a song she hears that paints a picture, and refers to her writing as 'the sound-track of her life.' Sprinkled through her stories are humor and sadness based on experiences shared with family and friends.

A reviewer on Amazon recently said, "This isn't a romance, it's a love story." (readingmaven)

"As a new writer. I hope you will continue my journey, travel with me, see what song inspires me next, and I hope that you see more growth with each page you turn."

She finds great enjoyment in reading - it's an escape, a journey into new and different places - but her favorite genre is romance. She loves to explore and support other self-published authors.

Her next book is still in dream-phase and will be titled Tate.

You can reach Barbara by email bsswrites@yahoo.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barbara-Stewart-Author/352239824808537
http://barbarastewartwrites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment