BACK TO TOP

Friday 29 May 2015

Revue by KM Golland - ARC Review

 
 

Blurb:

 
He was on a collision course.
… I had paved my way
He answered to no one.
… I respected authority
He wanted me.
… I despised him
He didn’t take no for an answer.
... NO!

When freelance photographer, Corinne Lee, is required to visually document the nationwide tour of Wild Nights Male Revue, she finds herself in a world of near-naked, testosterone-fuelled men on stage—not her photographic muse of choice. She also finds herself in the arms of Josh, the revue’s star performer.

Josh Adams thrives on the limelight, the stage and, most of all, the attention of women who endlessly throw themselves at him. He dances sex, speaks sex, breathes sex … is sex! Josh lives for sex, but never with the same woman.

When both opinionated and headstrong characters are closely thrust together in a lust-ridden and sexually-charged environment, which of the two will break first?
Will Josh realise that Corinne could be the exception to his ‘no strings’ rule? Or will Corinne let go of the fantasy of finding Mr One and Only?
 
 
 

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: May 2015.
 
Rating: 3.5 LIPSTICKS
 
 


I became a fan of KM Golland over a year ago when I picked up her debut Temptation, I was quickly drawn into the world she created, one of millionaire hotelier's and regular housewives. The burgeoning relationship between Bryce and Alexis gripped me immediately, I was invested and desperate for more of them, when Golland added Attraction and we FINALLY got the story of two of my favourite side characters of all time Carly and Derek...I swooned, I laughed, I cried, once again I was swept away by Golland's personal brand of romance.

Revue was definitely an anticipated read for me, the concept of a book following a male revue troop was exciting, it was sure to generate heat, and I was intrigued. I've seen enough wild boys afloat over the years to hazard a guess at what goes on behind the scenes and boy did Ms Golland give the reader an eye full, sexed up performers, horny women, buffed bodies slicked in oil... the story playing through my mind like a vivid movie reel, images flickering behind my eyes as I read.

I wanted to adore Revue, I wanted to be swept away by Corinne and Josh, their chemistry was tangible, the intense connection these two shared, obvious, but as much as I felt the physical attraction between them, I wasn't truly invested in them enough to see them sort out their issues, I never quite believed their desperate need for one another outside of their sexual infatuation. I was intrigued by them, their chemistry undeniable, but I never truly felt there was anything more between them than sexual want and desire. As much as I had hoped that Corinne and Josh would draw me in and make me feel something for them as a couple, I was never truly invested enough to be desperate for them to find their own happily ever after.

I'm interested to see if there's more to this series, if the other members of Wild Nights will get their own stories, I would love to see more of Corinne and Josh in future books, to see if my connection to them grows. Revue is a sexy, funny look behind the scenes of the elusive male revue shows, while it definitely had KM's stamp over parts, it felt like a step away from her previous work, a little more edgy and a lot lighter than her Temptation series, as always I'm intrigued to see what Ms Golland does next.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Purchase Links:

 

About KM Golland:

 


 



 “I'm an author. I am married. I am a mother of two adorable little people. I'm a bookworm, craftworm, movieworm, and sportsworm. I'm also a self-confessed shop-aholic, tea-aholic, car-aholic, and choc-aholic.”

Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, K.M. Golland studied law and worked as a conveyancer before putting her career on hold to raise her children. She then traded her legal work for her love of writing and found her dream career.

Website


No comments:

Post a Comment