BACK TO TOP

Sunday 10 May 2015

Spencer by Kerry Heavens - Review



Blurb:



@TheSpencerRyan exudes confidence,
I mean, have you seen him???
His dark good looks and tattooed muscled perfection are too much.
He's hot. Lickably hot.
And he has a way with words that leaves me breathless.
But cocky doesn't even cover it,
this guy is so arrogant you have to fight back.
But God he's so lickable!
The thing is though,
he looks like sex but he'll taste like jackass.

@OMGJazzyP is a sexy, annoying ball of rage in fuck-me heels
and she hates me.
Although her nipples would tend to disagree.
It's a deadly combination.
She’s a princess.
And when I say princess, I mean intolerable, spoiled brat with a tiara.
Sure she's got that curvaceous goddess thing going on,
but that mouth of hers...
God it needs something in it to shut it up.
#GotJustTheThingRightHere

This is not your average British romance.
It's a tale of high heels, hot tattooed bad boys and
sex oranges, all wrapped up in a coating of chocolate.
It's 'love' in a social media world,
where not everyone is who they seem
and where some people’s bios should carry a warning.
#JustSayin



Purchase Links:

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1EajJ1B
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1c7eiJe

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: May 2015.



We live in a modern age, we are a social media generation, terms like #selfie and facebook official have seeped their way into our social conscious, long gone are the days of my space, we are instead in the age of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, we update our statuses regularly, check our phones constantly, we check in everywhere, and share more about our lives with the public than we probably even realise, such is part of this social media age we inhibit.

Spencer Ryan is sex on a stick, has a body that makes grown women drop their panties and drool, he's cocky, confident and spends a good portion of his day sharing selfies with his twitter followers, a great deal of which are women. His life revolves around work, women and zero commitment.

Jasmine (Jazz) Parker has good life, she loves her job but hates her handsy boss, she has a wardrobe to die for compliments of her best friend, she has dreams of what could be career wise but is content. As she is running to grab lunch one she bumps into a man who is sexy as sin, she doesn't know his name, has no idea where he works, or if she will ever see him again. When she see's him again, with the help of her over eager and sneaky best friend Mags and the aid of living in a world obsessed with social media Jazz is rewarded with his twitter handle, and from there is able to establish a connection online. She's never going to see him again, no harm no foul right?? Famous last thoughts right there...

So much of this story is in finding out for yourself each little surprise, so I refuse to ruin that for you, but Spencer has me in stitches through out, when I wasn't giggling, I was fanning my red face, Spencer is a sex god, but he's also so much more, he has depth, behind his cockiness and bravado lies a man who's hiding a past that changed the way he views himself and the world around him. He's built up a system to keep his heart tucked away, poor damaged sex god...if that's what you're thinking you'd be wrong, Spencer felt different from the first page, where this could have fallen into an over done trap, for me it excelled, the more I read, the more I wanted to know, and the more I saw of Spencer in all his cocky glory, the more I wanted Jazz to handle him, temper his arrogance, the more I was desperate to sink inside their minds and learn all about them.

Jazz has never been one to shy away from confrontation, she's talented, she's confident, but her now ex boss pushes her too far, she is finally out on her own and considering a life in which she could follow her dreams, in some ways her world is opening up to a host of new opportunities, but Spencer is hanging in the background, his presence sets her on edge, he infuriates her more than she thought possible, and she spends equal amounts of time wanting to lick his face and kick his arse, their chemistry is tangible, their witty banter and snarky comments are always bubbling to the surface, and again the more I read the more I wanted from these two.

This was my first book by Kerry Heavens, but it certainly wont be my last, her words held my captive, I couldn't put Spencer down, nor did I want to, not only did Spencer and Jazz hold me by the collar and demand my attention, but Mags and Will had me chomping at the bit for a glimpse into their history and begging for a view into their future, theirs is a story I want to read, and am crossing my fingers for. If you're looking for a funny as hell, sexy as sin story, that takes a cheeky jab at our obsession with social media with this fresh take on frienemies with benefits Spencer is definitely one for you.



About Kerry Heavens:


Terrible wife
Mediocre mother
Appalling housewife
Fashion graduate
Wedding co-ordinator
Sex toy salesperson
Shop manager
Designer
Font collector
Romance addict
Fancier of nice men
Ok, fancier of almost all men
Awesome cupcake baker
Incessant singer
Film buff
Friend
Writer

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment