BACK TO TOP

Saturday 9 May 2015

Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams - Review

 
 

Blurb: 



Just friends.
We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend...

Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)

Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.

Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.

Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…
 

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: May 2015.
 
 


I've been a huge fan of Whitney since picking up Mid Life Love so long ago, I fell in love with her writing style, her multi faceted characters, the worlds she creates. I'm s self confessed lover of frienemies and friends to lovers stories, they are my kryptonite when written well, I should probably explain my deep love for them...my husband and I despised each other, we bickered and fought until we finally became friends, and then from friends we became more...obviously you know the wedding ring and all... so I adore these kind of stories, because I know they happen in real life, and reading them make my heart happy, but I digress, Gracia Williams has been an author I admire and respect for quite a while now, she has an innate ability to draw me in instantly, her words paint a image so clear that it plays in my mind like a movie reel, I can see the story unfolding in front of my eyes and I want more, more of her words, more of the characters she's brought to life.

Carter and Arizona have been best friends since primary school, their relationship is as close as they could possibly get, they were there for every first they experienced, they've been there through failed relationships, through college, through every high and low they've experienced. Best friends has always been a point of contention in their relationships with other people, explaining a life time of platonic friendship to their respective lovers has never been easy, but when they both find themselves single at the same time they might just realise the truth in what everyone around them sees, that's there more to their relationship then just friendship.

Sincerely, Carter has Whitney's innate comedic timing, and snark and wit written all over it, but despite all of that there is the beautiful bond that has been years in the making, even with this history, the transition from friends to more is still expertly paced, with secret looks, quick glances, furtive touches, as they start to cross the line into the land of lovers they both realise that things will change, but their foundation is so strong that despite this new unchartered territory they are delving into their relationship seems unbreakable.

Sincerely, Carter is the kind of book I search for when I just want to lose myself for a few hours, the blurb tells me so much of the story, this is a feel good tale of two friends who never realised what was standing right in front of them, and how sometimes taking a chance can lead to the greatest reward. Fast paced, a seamless blend of heart, heat and hilarity this is story I would revisit whenever I needed a book to remind me why I love reading.
 
 

Purchase Links:

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1HUcNKL
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00WW5LL8G
Amazon AUS: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00WW5LL8G
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WW5LL8G





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see how much you liked this. I added it to my Kindle after seeing favorable ratings, then read a negative review today. There is hope! Thanks for your great review. Much appreciated.
    Suzi Q., The Book Dame

    ReplyDelete