BACK TO TOP

Saturday 21 November 2015

Just Say Yes (Strictly Business #2) by Elizabeth Hayley - ARC Review

Released: 1st December 2015.

Blurb:

From the author of The Best Medicine comes the latest Strictly Business novel—and this time, for one woman, finding the ideal man can be a pretty tall order…

Magazine columnist Quinn Sawyer has always attracted sweet, innocent, and safe men. And something tells her it’s because she’s just as harmless. So when she starts craving a guy with an edge, she realizes she may have to get one for herself.

When her boss asks for a unique pitch, Quinn’s quest to live outside her comfort zone prompts her to suggest an idea that will cause her to break her good-girl rules. And who better than Tim Jacobs to help her push her boundaries? For a while now, Quinn’s had a hot crush on the tattooed executive chef with a checkered past. If anybody can bring out her inner rebel, he can.

It’s no surprise that with every task the two complete, the sparks between them grow more and more intense. Soon there’s no denying the attraction they each feel. But Tim’s troubled past reveals an even tougher edge than Quinn expected—which means for her, falling in love might just be the greatest rebellion of all.

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: November 2015.

I'll preface this by saying I have not read The Best Medicine, I have purchased it to dive into next, but it didn't decrease my enjoyment of Just Say Yes, I didn't feel confused at any point, or feel like I missed anything, the Strictly Business series is a series of stand alone stories.

Quinn is all set for her date with the seemingly perfect guy, but on closer inspection Quinn struggled to stay present for the few hours she spent in his company, a disastrous date normally wouldn't be enough to make you question every decision you've ever made, but all of sudden Quinn starts to think about her life, how her dating life lacks spark, her job leaves her feeling bereft, she has a habit of playing it safe, and never taking risks, she walks the straight and narrow never veering towards the wild side, when the opportunity presents itself she decides to take the plunge and shake it up a little with the help of her best friend's boyfriend's brother, Tim.

Tim is the epitome of sexy, reformed bad boy, tall, tatted, and toned, Tim has always piqued Quinn's interest but he's never really opened up to her enough to build any real kind of connection. When Quinn decides to tackle a bucket list of sorts, Tim offers to assist her. Tim knows all about risky behaviour, he's lived through more darkness than most of us would ever experience, hitting rock bottom more than once, he's got the battered soul and wounded heart to show for it.

I expected Just Say Yes to be this fun, sexy little romp that would have me swooning, and I did swoon, but more than that I was moved by Tim's journey, I was impressed by Quinn's tenacity, I wanted to know more about Tim's past, I was invested so quickly, so earnestly, that the more I read, the more I felt, the more these characters meant to me. Tim's past had a adverse affect on the way he led his life, the way he believed he deserved to be treated, but more than that, it provided him a special empathy to view those around him, to see their struggles.

"I get that you're hurting. And I'm more than happy to be your punching bag if it helps..."

Everything about Quinn had me rooting for her, her strength in the face of adversity, her spirit when she felt the weight of the world on her shoulders, her ability to stand strong when she wanted to crumble.

"I thought I meant more than that. I didn't think I'd be so easy to walk away from."
Quinn reminded me that living an authentic life isn't just about knowing with certainty who you are, Quinn reminded me that you figure that out as you go, that who you are isn't defined by any one thing, and that most importantly sometimes you need to draw strength from those you love, and sometimes you will be their support, that life isn't black and white, but that it's in the grey area that you find the beauty. I revelled in Just Say Yes, I settled in with Quinn and Tim and just got swept away by every interaction,  every soft smile, every secret glance, every touch, I adored these two, and while I'm sad it's over, I'm so grateful for the journey.




Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1MYkEWj
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1MZHHA1
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1QV1hU9
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1N2lRAo
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/1MYkFJN
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1NIofIG
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1kN08BY

Purchase The Best Medicine - Strictly Business #1

About Elizabeth Hayley:


Elizabeth Hayley is actually "Elizabeth" and "Hayley," two friends who love reading romance novels to obsessive levels. This mutual love prompted them to put their English degrees to good use by penning their own. The product is Pieces of Perfect, their debut novel. They learned a ton about one another through the process, like how they clearly share a brain and have a persistent need to text each other constantly (much to their husbands' chagrin).

"Elizabeth" lives with her husband, daughter, and nutjob of a dog. “Hayley” lives with her husband, son, and her own crazy dog. Thankfully, their children are still too young to read.

Elizabeth Hayley's writing motto is best captured by the words of Patrick Dennis: "I always start with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind."

We split the time on Goodreads, so those of you who have been communicating with us get "pieces" of each of us. We appreciate all of your support!

Visit Elizabeth Hayley's Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment