BACK TO TOP

Friday 13 November 2015

Kissing Madeline (Dearest #3) by Lex Martin - Review



Blurb:

What’s the worst thing about wanting a sexy NFL football player? Everyone else wants him, too.

After catching my boyfriend getting deep-throated by a skanky cage girl, I’ve learned my lesson – never date a professional athlete. Never. Besides, I have more important things to worry about, like not blowing my shot to make it as a broadcast reporter. I won’t let anything get in my way, not even the new “it boy” of the NFL and my hot-as-hell neighbor.

What's the worst thing about getting death glares from his new neighbor? It doesn't make him want her any less.

I’ve worked my ass off to make it to the pros. The last thing I need is the complication of a relationship, especially since my last one was a total train wreck. But I can’t stop thinking about the feisty girl next door with the smart mouth. And I’d love nothing more than to show her what to do with that mouth.

Friends with benefits might be the best idea he’s ever had. Or the worst.

Kissing Madeline is a companion novel to DEAREST CLEMENTINE and FINDING DANDELION. Each book is a stand-alone.

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1QGKIZm
Amazon paperback: http://amzn.to/1MRByLZ
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1QGKWj8
Amazon AUS: http://bit.ly/1PHEXuf
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1QGKZM7

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: August 2015.

So less than two days and two books, talk about hooked on a series, I'm so invested in these characters that I'm kind of obsessed, after all the crap Daren pulled with Clem back in high school, despite the fact that they buried the hatchet, I'm still giving him stink eye, so I need to be honest making me like him is one thing, making me love him...well Lex Martin has her work cut out for her....

Madeline has had a rough trot with men, catching her boyfriend getting a blow job from a cage girl certainly wasn't pleasant, she's done with professional athletes that's for sure, that rule will ensure she stays away from NHL star Daren who also happens to be her new neighbour. After all athletes are bound to be the same, they lure you in with their sexy looks, and toned bodies, and the next thing you know, you're catching them in compromising positions. Madeline is determined to focus solely on getting the career she's always wanted, she'll prove she's serious about being a broadcast reporter.

I'm not going to lie, despite my initial reservations Daren grew on me, he had that whole alpha male thing down pat but he was also caring, considerate, loyal (who would of guessed) and sweet, maybe that was he had already learnt from his past mistakes, I want to believe that he did, I think he chose a course of action many years ago and he regrets the pain and hurt he caused, part of me also hopes in some small way he holds onto to some of that guilt as a reminder that actions have consequences. Daren definitely redeemed himself, but for me Madeline was the hero of this story, she was strong tenacious, dedicated to her craft, she wanted to establish her own career, she's been knocked down and humiliated, but she refused to stay down.

Kissing Madeline isn't just NA romance, it's funny, and sexy and part suspense, this story kept me guessing, invested and intrigued, and I loved every second of it, it's funny how a series can drag you in so much, with characters who start out as strangers, become friends, and turn into family. I'm going to be sad saying goodbye and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on Lex Martin now, her writing had me forgetting the time, and relishing in all those sweet first smiles, cute glances, and tentative touches.

 
 
About Lex Martin:
 
Author of DEAREST CLEMENTINE, FINDING DANDELION and KISSING MADELINE. I write new adult novels, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters.

Website


No comments:

Post a Comment