BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 25 August 2015

I See...Love (A Different Road #1) by Annalisa Nicole





Blurb:


River Mason has never led an easy life. Losing his parents forced him to become a man and step into a role that was never intended for a ten-year-old boy. But his parents weren’t the only thing he lost. He is bitter and angry at the world and everyone in it. He’s determined to never allow his heart to feel anything because that would be weakness and weakness is never allowed. If he doesn’t allow feelings into his heart,... then there are zero chances he will ever be hurt again. His number one rule is to never let anyone in.


Joss Meyer is perfectly happy with her life. She and her best friend, Nina, have been by each other’s side since the fifth grade. They’ve opened their own personal chef business together and life couldn’t be better for them. She isn’t looking for a man. It isn’t something that’s ever been missing in her life. She’s focused on her career and enjoying a carefree life.

When Joss meets River her world is turned upside down. She finds herself willing to be with a man who promises to hurt her in the end.

Is it better to end up hurt, than to never have loved in the first place?

When you are born, you’re born a blank canvas. Over time, sadness and heartbreak leave deep scars. Loss and sorrow carve deep chasms into that canvas. Love is like paint, it colors your heart and fills in every scar, every wound that life has left behind.

The decision is black and white, but how you feel isn’t. Can one truly see…love?

Goodreads


Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: August 2015.


I have been following Annalisa Nicole since she released her debut novel, with each story in the series I've watched her grow as a writer, I've watched as she has continued to deliver characters that effortlessly draw you in, a family you want to know, and I See...Love was no different, our hero River Mason is young and wildly successful, his life appears to be one of wealth and excess but beneath the flashy house and opulent home is a man who is governed by bitterness and hurt, the author takes us the reader on a journey where she aims a spotlight on the nature vs. nurture debate, was River always the same distant, abrasive man he is now or is he a product of his past, armed with only Josh as a confidante, friend and personal assistant River is used to being on his own, but meeting Joss is going turn his world upside down.

Joss Meyer is young and successful, but that's where the similarities between her and River end, Joss has the perfect life, she's co-owner of a thriving business with her childhood best friend Nina, operating as a personal chef for a number of wealthy and elite clients, their business is going from strength to strength and Joss has everything she ever dreamt off, unconcerned with finding love or a man to share her life, she is content with building her brand and focusing on her career.

River is rude and arrogant on the surface, he is cold and distant, he often challenged me as the reader to see past the brash exterior to see deeper into him, to see the man he is hiding and trying to protect from the world, but the more I read and the more Nicole drew me into River's world and the more I could see him railing against his past and what he's come to believe as the truth, but what I found especially endearing was Joss's light, her ability to see the beauty in the world around her, even when she was scared, even when she felt like she might crumble, even when she was challenged and even when she wanted to break, there was an undeniable strength to Joss, a temerity that held my attention, one that both endeared her to me and intrigued me, there's so much here in I See...Love, Josh and Nina captured my heart and I hope to see more of them in the coming books in this series. The first book in the A Different Road series has definitely piqued my interest for more, if you're after something sweet, thoughtful and sexy, I See...Love is definitely the book for you.



Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1hXzgO7
Amazon paperback: http://amzn.to/1KgflVz
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1KIKvk5
Amazon AUS: http://bit.ly/1JRnuB3


About Annalisa Nicole:




I am an “Indie” contemporary romance author. I live in California with my husband and two teenage boys. I love being a stay at home mom. My husband and I enjoy wine tasting and camping with our kids with our four wheelers in the middle of nowhere, where you can find me with my pink Ryder BB gun! We have a handful of pets, a dog named Lucy (who is in my books) and a guinea pig named Flufy (my son spelled her name that way) and a cat who adopted us many years ago and has never left. She is a spoiled outdoor cat with her own two story house and a heated bed.

I never liked reading as a kid. I only started reading romance novels in the past few years. My Kindle and I are inseparable now. A thought occurred to me in December of 2012 that maybe I could write a romance novel. So I went to work with the encouragement of my husband and my sister-in-law. It didn’t take long to figure out that I really enjoyed writing.

Today I am a self published author and it has been an amazing journey.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment