BACK TO TOP

Monday 10 August 2015

Newly Exposed (The Exposed Series #1) by Meghan Quinn - ARC Review

 
 
Expected Release Date: 18th August
 
 
 

Blurb:

Adam James is a corn-fed, Nebraska raised, piece of man meat with a chiseled body and baby face. He is in desperate need of a pay check and will do just about anything to get one, including stripping down to his skivvies and lathering up in baby oil.

Solo Cohan is a quirky hipster with a strong work ethic, raised by two gay dads who are head over heels in love with Harrison Ford and Star Wars, hence the name, Solo. She works for Teeg Model Management, the same modelling agency that decides to book Adam as their next up and coming model. Sparks ignite between her and Adam the minute her baby oil soaked hand connects with his practically naked body.

Even though Solo can't stop thinking about Adam during photo shoots, she quickly and awkwardly, shows Adam her distaste for male models and her inability to engage romantically with them. Adam is captivated by her nerdy talk and peculiar tendencies and sets out to make it his mission to turn the Star Wars loving hipster to the dark side, where mingling with models is widely arousing.


 
 
 
 
 
 

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: August 2015.
 
Newly Exposed was my second book by Meghan Quinn, after picking up and loving The Virgin Romance Novelist earlier this year I was excited for what Ms Quinn did next, Newly Exposed is definitely a sexy, quirky romance, in saying that I was actually quite surprised by my reaction to it, not because I didn't expect to enjoy it, but because I was surprised by the different emotions and feelings this dragged out of me, I expected this funny, sexy story and I got so much more.
 
Adam James is in a tough spot, he's desperate for money, and he needs it quick smart, good thing he's got that sexy face and chiseled body working in his favour, a casting call for Teeg Model Management might just be the answer to his dreams, even if it means strutting around in his underwear and flashing his family jewels to the world. Adam has a small town charm, he's a quintessential nice guy, he's not a womaniser, he respects women, and this world of male models that he's slowly entering is so far out of his comfort zone that his shock and surprise to this world is both hilarious and endearing.
 
Solo Cohen is the quirky, cool young woman who is half of the famous duo of Teeg Model Management, she has few rules in life, choosing to live without strict regulations placed on herself, but she does make sure to stay away from male models, after all they're fuelled by testosterone and their libido, incapable of monogamy when the hordes of women come chasing them. Named after her two dad's favourite Star Wars character, Solo is part sex goddess and part sci fi /90s television geek, she instantly catches Adam's eye.
 
Quinn is afraid to turn the tables on the stereotype here, sure the models tend to be womanising playboys, but she also shows another side where the attention and women throwing themselves at them isn't always welcome, I adored the dichotomy of the warring sides of Adam's personality, he's strong and sexy and dominant, and yet he's also sweet and innocent and loving, there's a resilience to him, never giving up despite how many hits he takes, and every part of him compliments Solo with her take no shit independent woman front that she keeps erected to stem the attention that is thrown her way, while hiding the softer part of her that's terrified of getting hurt.
 
There are moments of absolutely hilarity in Newly Exposed, it's sexy as hell, and yet has an innate sweetness to it, there's a beautiful message to this story about allowing yourself to be vulnerable, tearing down the walls to let someone in, and be willing to open yourself to new experiences despite how much they scare you. With glimpses of supporting characters Quinn has left me wanting more from this series, hoping for more books and more quirky moments.
 
 
 
 

Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1gRwngF

Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1L1qevI

 

About Meghan Quinn:

 

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

Website
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment