BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Pact by Karina Halle - Review

 



Synopsis:


It all started with a pinky swear…

Linden McGregor is tall, rugged, and gunslinger handsome; a helicopter pilot with a Scottish brogue and charm to spare. He’s also one of Stephanie Robson’s best friends and has fit into that box for as long as she’s known him.

But some relationships can’t be boxed, can’t be classified, can’t be tamed.

Back in their mid-twenties and tired of the competitive hit-or-miss dating scene of San Francisco, Steph and Linden made a pact to marry each other if neither one of them are in a serious relationship by the time they hit thirty.

It sounds like fun and games but as the years to thirty tick past and lovers come and go out of their lives, the pact becomes larger than life.
Sex is inevitable. Friendships are tested. Hearts are on the line.

The pact is about to change everything.
 
Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: December 2014

I'm going to preface this by saying The Pact is my first Karina Halle book, I've have had most of her titles sitting on my kindle for a while now, never finding enough time in the day to quite get there, but The Pact looked like it was right up my alley, Friends to Lovers is kind of my kryptonite, it's one of my absolute favourite sub genres and I had been eagerly counting down the days until it was released.

The Pact spans over several years, focusing on the lives of three best friends, Linden McGregor, Stephanie Robson, and James Dupres, Steph and James one time lovers, and Linden, James' best mate, over the years the three have become a close knit trio, but one night after a few drinks Linden proposes a pact to Steph, if they are both still single at 30 they will marry each other... simple enough right...they certainly aren't the first friends to try to cement a back up plan, on the surface this plan is fool proof, but feelings are hidden, lust and wanting continue to grow and secrets and lies become big enough to turn a pact of lifelong friendship into something that could destroy everything.

What I adored so much about this story was the time span it was told over, over the course of several years we see both Linden and Steph, their special relationship, we see the group dynamic including James and most excitingly we get both Steph and Linden's POV. I loved every second of this story, getting to know these three, the intricacies of their joint relationship, watching what made the bond between Linden and Steph so special, I cheered, I cried, I almost threw my kindle across the room, because I felt their passion, their lust, their need for one another, and their deep seated fear that they couldn't lose the friendship they had, there was a simple elegance in Halle's writing that made me want to drown in her words, relish every moment, because I FELT IT ALL. The Pact were a beautiful blend of laughter, love and hope, it may have been my first Karina Halle book but it most certainly won't be my last.


Purchase Links:

Amazon: http://bit.ly/ThePact-Kindle
iTunes: http://bit.ly/ThePact-iBooks...
Kobo:
http://bit.ly/ThePact-Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment