BACK TO TOP

Friday 5 February 2016

GPI's Perfect Match: Leisa Rayven - Ethan Holt


Stand Alone/Series Title: Bad Romeo & Broken Juliet (Star Crossed Lovers series)
Author: Leisa Rayven



Welcome back to Glass Paper Ink’s PERFECT MATCH, we know we’re usually matching couples up here at GPI but we’ve decided to do things a little differently for Valentine’s Day, one of our lucky finalists will walk away with a grand prize of a ROMANTIC GETAWAY TO A DESTINATION OF THEIR CHOOSING TO THE VALUE OF $50,000.


GPI: And now on the show, we have critically-acclaimed Broadway actor Ethan Holt, whose lady love is his co-star in the award-winning play, "Crash, Crumble, Fly", the lovely Cassandra Taylor. Welcome, Ethan.



ETHAN: Thanks for having me.



GPI: So, the question we all want to ask is this: do you believe in love at first sight?



ETHAN: *smiles ruefully* If you'd asked me that a few years ago, I would have given you a ranty diatribe about it being the invention of Hollywood and romance authors, and would have sworn up and down that at best, the reality is 'lust at first sight.'



GPI: But you've changed your tune?



ETHAN: Well, yeah. Because love at first sight is exactly what I felt the moment I saw Cassie. And I'm not talking a vague, ephemeral longing for someone I found powerfully attractive in a physical sense. I'm talking bolt-from-the-blue, white-hot electricity-running-through-every-vein, soul-deep connection. It was scary as hell.



GPI: What was it about Cassie that made you believe she was "the one"?



ETHAN: Everything. *He laughs at interviewer's dubious expression.* No, seriously. Every single fucking thing. *He cringes* Fuck, I can't swear on TV, can I?


GPI: No.



ETHAN: Shit. Sorry.



GPI: No problem. We'll bleep it out. You were telling us about Cassie?



ETHAN: Right. I mean, don't get me wrong, as soon as I saw her, I thought she was gorgeous, and there was a definite physical attraction there. But that's not all. I also felt instantly protective of her. And connected to her on some weird, primal level. And she had this … light around her. And I mean that literally. She was sitting in a pool of sunlight, and it was like the universe was saying, "Hey, asshole. See that girl? She's going to change your life, so in case your dumb ass gets confused about who we're talking about, he's an idiot-proof lighting effect that even you can't ignore."



GPI: Very helpful. Now, I know you and Cassie have had quite a turbulent relationship, but tell me about your first V-Day together?



ETHAN: Well, uh … this is actually our first Valentine's Day when we've been together as a real couple.



GPI: Soooo, in the past you were a fake couple?



ETHAN: Not exactly. In our final year of drama school, we'd been broken up for a year or so and had just gotten back together as kind of … uh … *he leans over and whispers* How do I say 'fuck buddies' without swearing?



GPI: Uh … good question. Sex friends, maybe?



ETHAN: *He frowns* Sounds a bit lame, but okay. *He sits back* We'd reconciled as 'sex friends', but Cassie made it clear that she wanted to remain emotionally detached. So when Valentine's Day came around, I did what I'd done every year since I'd met her.



GPI: Which was?



ETHAN: Wrote a long, rambling letter about how much she owned me, mind, body, and soul, and then shoved it in a draw somewhere where'd she'd never see it.



GPI: *laughs* That makes perfect sense. So then, what are your plans for this V-Day?



ETHAN: *He shrugs* I don't really believe in the whole galaxy of crap that revolves around Valentine's Day, so I'll probably keep it simple. Cook her dinner. Afterwards, run her a bath and give her a sensual massage. Ruin some lingerie. Realistically, as long as we're together, we could do time in a Turkish prison, for all I care.



GPI: Then let's turn it around. What would be the ultimate V-Day present Cassie could give to you?



ETHAN: *He gets a wistful look on his face* I don't need anything but her. Everything else on the planet is irrelevant.



GPI: Good answer. So, that makes me think this next one is pretty obvious, but what would you rather - a big flashy gift and night out on the town, or a quiet night at home with Cassie?



ETHAN: Definitely a quiet night at home. Although, to be honest, most of our nights at home start out quiet, then get gradually louder until Cassie starts screaming my name, and then it goes quiet again. *He thinks for a second* Hmmm. Maybe that's why none of our neighbors look us in the eye anymore. Mystery solved.



GPI: So tell me what's the most romantic thing you've ever done for Cassie?



ETHAN: *He rubs the back of his neck* I've only recently discovered how to be romantic, but one thing Cassie always brings up is the time I was so desperate to win her back after three years of being apart, I sent her an email in which I typed, "I LOVE YOU," 1,162 times.



GPI: 1,162? That's a very specific number.



ETHAN: Yeah, well, it was one for every day I'd been away from her. But really, that wasn't nearly enough to express my feelings. I should have typed one for every day since I'd met her. That would have been a more accurate representation of how many days I'd loved her.



GPI: Well now it's time to see how well you know Cassie. This is GPI's Fast Five. Ready?



ETHAN: Hit me.



GPI: Does Cassie prefer Top or Bottom?



ETHAN: It depends on her mood. If she wants to torture me? She'll take the Top. That way, she's in control, and goddammit, she knows exactly how to make me beg. Otherwise, Bottom. Most of the time, she likes me to take control.



GPI: Sexiest feature on Cassie?



ETHAN: Jesus, how long do you have? Let just summarize by saying her entire body matched with her incredible mind, her limitless heart, and her astonishing soul. That about covers it. And of course, all of it arouses me way more than I like to admit.



GPI: Something Cassie does that turns you off?



ETHAN: *He laughs* Easy. Cooking. Oh, sweet giddy Christ, that woman is a terrible cook. I swear to God, I once heard a steak that she'd incinerated beyond all recognition whisper, "kill me," before she served it. The things she does to poor, unsuspecting foodstuffs should be illegal.



GPI: Three words to describe Cassie?



ETHAN: Talented-as-hell. Incandescent. Love-of-my-life.



GPI: First thing you thought when you saw Cassie for the first time?



ETHAN: "Who the fuck is that radiant Sun-girl, and why the hell does she make me feel like I'm having a heart-attack?"



GPI: If you were to win GPI's Perfect Match, what destination would you pick for your holiday?



ETHAN: I'd love to win the holiday so I could take Cassie to Paris for our honeymoon.



GPI: Honeymoon? Wow. Congratulations on your engagement.



ETHAN: Thanks. I still can't believe she agreed to marry my sorry ass, but I'm hoping her delusion that I'm awesome and worth loving forever continues until I get the chance to slide that gold ring on her hand and make her my wife. *He smiles wistfully* Jesus. Not getting tired of saying that any time soon. Cassie Holt. My wife. *Looks at interviewer as he becomes emotional* Sounds pretty freaking amazing, right?



GPI: *smiles*Absolutely. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful.



ETHAN: Yeah. I just hope I get through watching Cassie walk down the isle without making a fool of myself. Every time I think about it I get … *he smiles and shakes his head* Yeah, well. You get the picture.



GPI: I do. And I know Cassie no doubt feels the same about seeing you waiting for her at the end of that aisle. Thanks for playing, Ethan. And happy Valentine's Day to the both of you.



ETHAN: Thanks. And same to you.


To Vote for Ethan Holt - Call 1300-GPI-LEISA

Voting lines close at midnight ADST 13th February.



Writing has always been a passion for Leisa, and even though she originally intended to be an actress, it wasn't long into her time at drama school that she began writing plays.

Those plays were bad. Very bad. Well, her friends thought they were good, but that's because they were always cast in them and any opportunity to be on stage was met with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm.

Since then, she's honed her craft, and several of her plays have been produced and toured throughout Australia.

These days, playwriting has given way to fiction writing, and she is now the proud mother of two book babies, BAD ROMEO, and BROKEN JULIET. (Macmillan New York)

Her third book, WICKED HEART, will be released on May 3rd, 2016.

Leisa lives in Australia with her husband, two little boys, three judgemental cats, and a kangaroo named Howard. (*NB: Howard may or may not be her imaginary marsupial friend. Everyone should have one.*)
Connect with Leisa on Facebook

Purchase Bad Romeo: http://amzn.to/1P8skcM only $2.99!!



Purchase Broken Juliet: http://amzn.to/1mfqooy

No comments:

Post a Comment